New Job

Well, I am quitting my current company and will be moving on to work for another consulting company by the name of Practical Consulting. This will take effect next Friday. I am looking forward to this new change.

We are still trying to prepare for the party, getting the house clean, buying stuff for the party. Nicholas has been doing great lately. He did come down with a little cold about a week or so ago but he's doing great now. He's just growing very rapidly. I think he's starting to talk. He can now say "bye bye" very clearly now. That is if he wants to. I have heard him say "da da" quite a few times and the other day when he was crying, he just suddenly screamed out "mama" loud and clear. I was very surprised that he can say my name. I am not sure if it was directed towards me or not. Another thing that he can say is milk in Chinese when he's hungry. I know that he can't quite say it yet but every time when he wants me, he'll say, "mum mum" which is pretty close to mama. I'm sure he'll get there soon. He can finally also fit into his shoes now without them falling off every ten seconds or so.

Nicholas has been quite a sleeper lately. Last Sunday, he slept until 9:30 in the morning. Usually he would wake up around 6 or 7 but not Sunday. Then on Tuesday night when Michael took him home, he fall asleep in the car and didn't wake up again until 7 in the morning the next morning. The time when he fell asleep was about 7 at night so he slept for about 12 hours that night. Then this morning, he won't wake up even when we tried waking him up and it was 8:30. He's also been going to sleep late. Last night, he didn't fall asleep until almost 11 and the night before, he didn't sleep until 11:30 at night. I guess all this late sleep has been making him wake up later in the morning.

We are about to try regular milk with him because he's almost one year old. I just hope that he will like it. We are going to try the straight forward switch over to see if he will adjust to it and if he doesn't, we will try the slow transition of a little formula mixed with a little of real milk.

I had this really bad rash problem last week. Last Monday, when I woke up, my nose was all swollen and itchy and my cheeks were red. I went to the doctor on Wednesday and they gave me some face cream for it. My nose got better but my cheeks got worse. My cheeks started to get more swollen and red. It was very hot and burning all the time. It was also extremely itchy. For the whole week, I had to retain myself from scratching my face. It was mentally torturing. They never found out what was wrong with me, but on Friday, I went to the doctor's again and they gave me another cream for my cheeks. On application of it did the job. My cheeks were not swollen and layered. Nor was it dried up and itchy. I am somewhat back to normal now and I really don't want to ever go through that again.

As for Michael, he's doing fine. He doesn't seem to be having any problems nor aches and pains. This week, all of us are feeling fine and great. Just going to do some cleaning this weekend in preparation for the party and some shopping.

Well, nothing much else that new. I guess I'll just see you all at the party!